Friday, November 16, 2007

New Options...and More Uncertainty!

Just when I thought that I had God figured and knew exactly what direction I was headed in, He has thrown wrench into the inner workings of my limited human reasoning. For months now I have been assuming that I would go directly into going into staff work with Intervarsity directly after college, no questions asked. Now, I'm not so sure. My sister informed me this evening that Wilderness Canoe Base, the canoe camp that I guided at this summer in one of the most unique working environments in the world, is going to be expanding their program to include winter trips. They are looking for guides to work year round and I am one of the people that they want to come back next year. Not only that, I also found out that my sister will also be moving out to the area and if I work out there I will be able to be much closer to her. Too many options!

Being a senior in college, I have a lot of opportunities open to me and I now I find myself thinking about what direction I should go. Do I go directly into staff work and do something that I know that I will learn from and would really enjoy or should I take a year off and go north, doing something that would give me extreme joy and pleasure, give me possibly a once in lifetime experience, and then come back to staff work after a year of working and ministering up north? I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know! Some of these decisions need to be made somewhat in the future, but the future is coming much too fast! The minute I tell God that I pretty much have things figured out, God reminds me He is in control and ultimately wants to give me what will be best for me. I hate to say this right now, but only time will tell! What a time this will shape up to be!

No comments: