Monday, March 12, 2007

Dreams

Dreams have always fascinated me and made me wonder about their significance. Are they just our brains firing randomly about images and experiences from throughout the day or is there something deeper there to experience and interpret? I have been thinking about this recently because of a recent bout of very memorable dreams that I have had in the past couple of days (I don't know if the medication that I have been on has been a contributer to my experience, but that is hard to tell). One of these dreams in particular made me a little unsettled, mainly because it almost seemed prophetic, and have been making me wonder about the importance of dreams and how much we really should read in to them.

Part of what makes me wonder about my recent dreams is because I have experienced divinely inspired dreams, including one that affirmed that I would have more visions in the future, but one of the divine mysteries of our God is that He provides just enough for us to keep us on the right track, and maybe to some extent just enough to keep us wondering so that our only choice is to completely rely on Him. At the end of the day, I have to realize that if a dream is meant to be something more, I need to give God time to reveal its importance and significane. The least I can do is let God work in my life, and if a dream is meant to influence my actions or thoughts, I have to trust God to give me the right perception to act on that. In the meantime, it looks like I need to hang on and see what God will do with the things that he reveals to me, whether I am awake or in the weird medium we refer to as sleep......

No comments: